SOLD HOMES on Mondays! 3650 Tuxedo Road, Descante

Introducing SOLD HOMES on Mondays, where I will be featuring some of Beacham & Company’s best SOLD homes every Monday.

First up, 3650 Tuxedo Road

House Name: Descante: A 15th century Italian word (descant); the highest harmony to the main melody of life

Sold in 2009 by Glennis Beacham

Architects: Norman Askins and Yong Pak
Builder: Bonner Construction

7 Bedrooms
10 Full, 3 Half Baths
More than 4 gated acres
Guest House
Pool House
Caretaker’s Residence
Unless otherwise noted, all photography by Blayne Beacham, Copyright 2009

Tux Doornob - BB

This is one of my favorite houses we have ever sold! Every inch of the home was full on imagination and wonder. I will share some of my favorite parts.

This is the front of the home, which features a motor court centered around a 16th century baptismal fountain.

Descante Fountain

Here is a better view of the sides of the fountain, which were carved with scenes telling stories.

19Millhall (1)

This is the main hallway of the home with cloister vaulted ceilings. The hallway is lined by custom glass doors designed to mimic the throwing of confetti!

Tux Library 1 - bb

This beautiful office hides a paramour’s escape!

19 Mill Lib

I called this “The Harry Potter Library.” There is a secret passage that runs between here and the Living room. The 14-foot Limestone mantel on the left hand side is one of two in the home that came from Cambridge. The enclave overlooks a private fountain.

This is the living room, and the room to which the secret passage leads. This room opens to a cast stone and Limestone courtyard designed as a large chess board at the back of the home.

Tux Pool Table - BB

The Billiards room across from the living room was painted black and featured murals on the wall by Carlos Nadal.

Bar

This bar was just off the Billiards room.

Here is the dining room. It featured Corbels from the Syon Lodge in England, and it also opened to the chess board back patio.

19 Mill Sun Room

This is the other mantel from Cambridge. It was in the sun room just off the kitchen.

I actually have this picture hanging in my office I love it so much. It is a porte-cochere from Barcelona running between the garage and the motor court. It features a Russian family shield on the wall.

This shows the pool, which is walled with illustrations depicting the history of the world.

Photo by Rod Collins

Here is a better view of the pool house. part of the door came from a winery in Burgundy.

Photo from the pool looking back at the house.

I hope you enjoyed the first SOLD HOMES on Mondays!
What do you think about this house?

9 Responses to “SOLD HOMES on Mondays! 3650 Tuxedo Road, Descante”

1. James December 7, 2009 at 10:19 pm #

Great post and idea for a series. I'm looking forward to getting the "behind the scenes" look at houses I've seen in the Beacham Series and elsewhere.

2. This Photographer's Life (In Search of a Style) December 7, 2009 at 10:24 pm #

Thank you so much! I have been trying forever to think of an idea for a series…. can you think of any others??

3. Claire Watkins, ASID allied December 7, 2009 at 10:58 pm #

All I can think about after seeing this house is pools. That one is so, so beautiful. Oh that blue! How about what is new on the market for a series?

4. Tina Steele Lindsey December 7, 2009 at 11:24 pm #

Gorgeous photos, gorgeous home! I look forward to your next SOLD Home tour.

5. Things That Inspire December 8, 2009 at 12:16 am #

Great, great idea for a post series! I remember seeing this home in Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles; the owner was the head writer for the soap opera Santa Barbara and did not use a designer for the decor. I recall that she wanted to use every single inch of space, even the spaces in the walls that were usually just empty – hence, all of the secret passageways and the secret storage areas.

As you probably know, she moved not too far away when she sold this house, and my favorite builder/architect team did the renovation!

Why do I remember all of these kind of details? Anyway, loved the behind the scenes tour.

6. Terry December 8, 2009 at 1:55 am #

I'm usually intimidated by such bigness. But this one? Can you get me an invite to the housewarming?

7. The Buzz December 8, 2009 at 2:08 am #

LOVE the blog, Blayne and very excited about this series!! We definitely know each other…I think just from being from Atlanta. Your works is amazing! Hopefully one day soon I'll have some projects for you to photograph :).

8. Southern Aspirations December 8, 2009 at 2:50 pm #

Holy Hannah this house is amazing. ANd I love how TTI always has the inside scoop on great homes.

PS- added you to my blog roll and I emailed Joni your previous post as I thought the Tenille house was right up her alley- she replied that she loved it! :)

-Emmie

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. My Top Ten Favorite Rooms: A Photographer's Inside Look | StyleBlueprint Atlanta - October 16, 2012

[…] later (though it’s nowhere near this pretty). To see more photos of this house on my blog click here.   SixThis home, designed by Peter Block and built/designed by Woody and Meridy King is […]